• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menace (519)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 519

SG-1 encounters a young woman with the ability to control Replicators, and who may hold the key to the salvation of the Asgard.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:49 PM.

This was another cool episode. A lot of shooting and Hammond getting to be part of the action too.....amazing. What more could you ask for?

I thought it was kinda extreme of O'Neill to go in the Gate Room and then just shoot Reece in the chest. I mean, Daniel was just getting through to her! Silly O'Neill, lol.
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

ah yes but o'neill had no way of knowing that daniel was just getting through to her. in fact from his POV it may well have looked as though reece were going to be mean to daniel. and then get her replicator buddies to be mean to everyone else. and lets face it, he's a guy, its not like he's the type to stop and ask for directions and all that.

i thought this was an excellent episode. we don't often get to see hammond interact with sam, and i think they are great when they do have scenes together.
      replicators looked fantastic, in their stainless steel glory.
      the actress who played reece (sorry but her name escapes me at the moment and i'm too lazy to look it up) did a brilliant job.
      words cannot express my love for the magnifying glass scene, i still laugh out loud every time i see it.
      i generally love replicator stories, and i loved that this was sort of a "surprise" replicator story. and i really love that we got to see the origin of the replicators.

plus, replicators in the scg? always good to see how they deal with that one. nice.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        ah yes but o'neill had no way of knowing that daniel was just getting through to her. in fact from his POV it may well have looked as though reece were going to be mean to daniel. and then get her replicator buddies to be mean to everyone else. and lets face it, he's a guy, its not like he's the type to stop and ask for directions and all that.
        I'll have you know that between my sister and myself I'm the one more likely to stop and ask for directions

As for the episode. IMO it looked like Reese was loosing control of the replicators and it was very much a wise move to stop her by whatever means neccessary. After she died I thought maybe she really was shutting them down, but by that point I would have done the same thing as O'Neill and it would have been too late. For that I thought the line "You knew this was the way it had to go down." was very fitting, because it did have to go down that way IMO.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          I'll have you know that between my sister and myself I'm the one more likely to stop and ask for directions

As for the episode. IMO it looked like Reese was loosing control of the replicators and it was very much a wise move to stop her by whatever means neccessary. After she died I thought maybe she really was shutting them down, but by that point I would have done the same thing as O'Neill and it would have been too late. For that I thought the line "You knew this was the way it had to go down." was very fitting, because it did have to go down that way IMO.
          i completely agree with the second paragraph

but do you read the instructions supplied before assembling furniture, or anything that requires some assembly for that matter? (and no, i don't )

Comment

I skim them, most of the time. And if it looks complicated I keep them on hand.

I learned that from playing with Legos, my absolute favorite toy when I was young(er)
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

ok, hehe, back to the topic, i just wonder, what if Reese didn't die, and she did succeed in stopping the replicators... too bad, she was such a fun character.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I don't know why, but I really dislike this episode. I know it is important to the storyline and all, but for some reason it just didn't trip my trigger.
                -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                -Jack O'Niell

Comment

I find it hard to understand that Reese was the only survivor. I'm certain that there would be more. I liked the little toys she made though
                  __

__

Comment

Yah, those little toys, i liked those. I thought it was funny when Daniel tried to talk to her, and she said it was boring.

Comment

That was good. I can understand why she wanted to go outside, but it would only cause problems
                      __

__

Comment

I think she wanted to go outside just because she wanted to have fun. If she did went outside, i agree, she'll probably cause problems.

Comment

She probably just wanted to have fun but I do think that knowing what she was capable of I could agree on the situation
                          __

__

Comment

She was so- lively, it was so sad when she shot

Comment

Shame Jack shot her
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X