No announcement yet.

Desperate Measures (511)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he shot Jack right? ... or was it Simmons.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
      he shot Jack right? ... or was it Simmons.
      It was Simmons.

Comment

OK, I noticed something today watching the SciFi airing today.....
        OK, just before SG-1 and Mayborne (sp?) go in the hospital to rescue Carter, we see O'Neill putting on a Bullet Proof vest, then when he says that Mayborne can come too he tells him to get a vest and come on...what I noticed was that while Daniel and Teal'c were part of the rescue too neither one had a vest on. I just thought it to be odd that Jack didn't tell them to put one on too.

Comment

I'm sure they were just hoping nobody would notice.
          __

__

Comment

Opps, well they were wrong...I kept thinking now why would Jack want to make sure that Mayborne was protected and not his own guys.... I guess maybe I'm just being nitpicky....

Comment

Well, Mayborne certainly knows a lot more than who's job it is to know that stuff.
              __

__

Comment

daniel and tea'c may have put one on, but the only one we had to see put one on was jack since he was the only one that was gonna get shot
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm fairly sure that at least Daniel didn't have one on because if you look it's not over his shirt and his shirt is unbuttoned enough to see that it doesn't look like there's one under there.

Comment

Originally posted by norriski
                    we see O'Neill putting on a Bullet Proof vest, then when he says that Mayborne can come too he tells him to get a vest and come on...what I noticed was that while Daniel and Teal'c were part of the rescue too neither one had a vest on. I just thought it to be odd that Jack didn't tell them to put one on too.
                    Maybe it's because Daniel wearing a bullet-proof vest would arose suspicion in the guards that Daniel was supposed to deceive into thinking he was just an ordinary Joe looking for treatment for electric shock.

(Wow, that's one long sentence!)
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I just saw this episode for the first time the other day and the part I was really intrigued by was the symbiote swimming in the holding tank. I don't know why but I just thought it was incredibly well done and computer generated symbiote didn't look nearly as fake as they tend to do when someone is holding them.

Oh and a word of advice for the people running the little "healing" experiment:
                      Don't leave gullible people alone with the person hosting the Goa'uld!

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                        Oh and a word of advice for the people running the little "healing" experiment:
                        Don't leave gullible people alone with the person hosting the Goa'uld!
                        That is excellent advice. We should print that out on a plack or something.
                        Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

This was one good ep. Not a blockbuster in itself, but it certainly led up to some other interesting eps in the near future. My favorite line here was

Daniel: "I've been electrecuted, do you have any idea what that feels like?"

Attendant: "No.."*Daniel pulls out zat gun and shoots him*

Daniel: "Something like that."
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I loved this episode. It was a good storyand it grasped attention. It was one of my favourite episodes.

Comment

Love this episode and the arc they make out of it. Plus it had Maybourne who is a great charachter especially when teamed up with Jack.

Comment

I quite liked this episode. Maybourne has really grown on me -- I used to really hate him, but now I sort of like him. He seems less evil than before, or maybe he's just become attached to SG1, to the point where he is not evil towards them anymore. Either way, he no longer annoys the hell out of me. I absolutely love his rapport with Jack -- they really DO make a great team (as much as Jack hates to think that). It was cute how Jack kept being like 'hey!' and 'eh eh eh'' whenever Maybourne moved 2 inches away from him.

I loved Daniel's little trick, pretending to be electrocuted and then zatting one of the guard's. It struck me as a very Daniel thing to do -- kind of like how in 'Tangent' he announced to a Goa'ul ship that he was 'the great and powerful Oz'. Daniel can be very silly sometimes.

I loved Sam's 'super womanness' -- I kept yelling 'Go Sam!' whenever she kicked some a**. I love how competent she is in every way. She seems pretty fit, too. Although, I wish she had been able to get herself out of there, without having to ' be saved' by Jack.

I was a bit shocked that Simmons shot Jack without a hint of hesitation. What an evil, evil man. I've hated him since he's been introduced and I can't WAIT till he gets what's coming to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X