• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rite of Passage (506)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 506

Cassandra mysteriously falls ill, sending SG-1 back to her home planet -- where they uncover a dark Goa'uld secret.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:30 PM.

Something that just ocurred to me...

Since SG-1 encountered "Cassie of the Future" in the season 2 ep "1969", shouldn't Sam have at least mentioned the possibility that her survival was assured?

I'm sure they could have come up with some wacky time-travel reason for why it might not work that way, but still...

Comment

If they did that though they might have just left her and let her condition grow worse, to the point where she dies.........I'm sure she'd feel pretty stupid if that happened.
      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Spolier Space
        Well it is like when Jonas gets the power of seeing the future in Season Six...he sees Carter get hurt and tells Hammond not to let her go on the mission...Carter ended up getting hurt at the base because he said for her to stay since he saw the future where he told them to keep her at the base...if he hadnt mentioned anything then perhaps Carter wouldnt have ever been hurt...so like Terminator...the future isnt set... ...any questions

Comment

I have to agree. Why did Sam not say anything like "Her condition will be fine. She won't die" or something along the lines of that

However, I am wondering that she would only have not died if they done something to prevent it as they did. Perhaps Sam just thought maybe she wouldn't mention it unless she was really certain that she would live. Perhaps she would ascend? Besides there was nothing else left at the base in 1969 and Cassie just waved her hand and the gate was dialled like in Meridan with Oma Desala
          __

__

Comment

Nirti experimentation... never ends well

Comment

Creepy Cassandra

Comment

Nirti, you've gotta love her. Everybodies fav. vivisectionist.
                sigpic

Comment

yeah... she's a great character... even for a Goa'uld

Comment

Does anyone know what the device is? Jack and Daniel are going through Nirti's lab and come across a device and Jack asks, "I wonder what this is" and Daniel says something like "figure it out" or "you know what it is" The device was goa'uldish with things sticking out.
                    Jack:"Oh I don't know I just can't imagine cute little furry things making big powerful weapons"
                    Jonas:"I don't even know what they look like"
                    Jack:"Furling, sounds cute and fuzzy to me"
                    --Paradise Lost 615
                    Thor: "We can only hope this is the last footwear to fall"
                    --Unnatural Selection 612
                    Jack: I'm Larry, this is (points to Sam) Moe, and of course everybody's favorite (referring to Daniel) Curly.
                    --Seth 302

"Nu ani Anquiatas" - "We are the ancients"

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                      I have to agree. Why did Sam not say anything like "Her condition will be fine. She won't die" or something along the lines of that
                      Because the future isn't set like that, if free will is to be accepted. If Cassandra had died, then time would snap back to a future where Cassandra wasn't alive, SG-1 would have to figure out their own way home with the help of other future denizens of Earth and Carter would have no idea that Cassandra was supposed to be alive in the future. At least that's the way I understand time.

I didn't like Cassandra in this episode. Ally was so much better as Teal'c's sidekick in Bane and not the pouty hak'tar we meet here.
                      END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                        I didn't like Cassandra in this episode. Ally was so much better as Teal'c's sidekick in Bane and not the pouty hak'tar we meet here.
                        Hated her most of the episode, but rather liked her in the final scene. My guess is that her hak'tar hormones were talking more than she was most of it.
                        Last edited by Major Fischer; 25 September 2004, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I liked the episode.I found it cool with the floathing horse.And Nirrti was in the show.Always a pleasure.But they let her go.Allright they promised and probably if she stayed chaught she would try to escape by talking another host or perhaps the NID would take her
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

I always thought all teenagers developed destructive powers when they reached puberty, if my eldests bedroom is anything to go by!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                              I always thought all teenagers developed destructive powers when they reached puberty, if my eldests bedroom is anything to go by!
                              So THAT's the reason!

Comment

Working...
                              X