• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fifth Man (504)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 504

O'Neill and Lieutenant Tyler are ambushed by Goa'uld forces and trapped behind enemy lines -- while the rest of their team discover they don't know who Tyler is.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:36 PM.

the Reol. What can I say. A somewhat powerful race which are aparently enemies of the Goa'uld. Really enjoyed this show. The way O'Niell and Tyler interacted, even after the truth came out. Really would like to find out some more about them, but that's as useful as wondering what happened to Nyan or "Charlie".
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

The Fifth Man was quite a good episode for interaction. I always thought that perhaps that may be a technique used by the Ancients to hide themselves as someone else. We've seen it in other episodes also like the one where daniel meets the Harsesis child. Apparently, that man was Oma in disguise
      __

__

Comment

The sence where Hammond asks the rest of SG-1 who Tyler is was priceless.

I'm not so sure about the Ancient connection. I somehow got the feeling that the monk was one of Oma's followers. One of those she "helped" onto the path. Could be wrong but that's just how I saw it. Then again it is really hard to tell.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

You are indeed correct. Perhaps a follower of Oma or at least one of the Ancients. Be cool if we see something simular in the future. Or it may well be technology of the Furlings
          __

__

Comment

I was pretty sure it was a biological secretion of the Reol. But then again once they analyzed it I think they managed to synthesize something similar. No telling who exactly the Reol really are.

Comment

Doesn't that guy also play Chaka.

Comment

Was that guy one of the last of his race?

Comment

Yes. His race is dying because of the Goa'uld. We need them and the tollan back. Then we need to revisit Helioplis, and pick up the book, and the tablets.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Yes it's the same actor as Chaka. And no he wasn't the last one of the Re'ol. They had a colony set up.

Comment

Were they from a different galaxy or something?

Comment

Nope, same galaxy. They were hunted by Anubis and he was playing around in our galaxy, and they had a gate

Comment

Good ep. I liked Tyler, both human and alien versions. It would be nice to see that race re-visited.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm watching the episode right now, and, well, something rubbed me the wrong way. Specifically, Dr. Fraiser's line--"Hallucinations aren't usually shared." There's this little thing called 'Folie a Deux', which is French for the folly of two--here's a bit of background on it: http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionar...lie%20a%20deux

It's rare, but, well, I'm not a doctor and I know about it from CliffNotes Psychology (yes, I have no life). Not to mention the X-Files episode by the same name. But still.

It seems to me like the writers should do a bit more research when they're going to say stuff is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarasayre
                              Dr. Fraiser's line--"Hallucinations aren't usually shared."
                              Pay special attetion to this line...

Originally posted by Kiarasayre
                              It seems to me like the writers should do a bit more research when they're going to say stuff is impossible.
                              She said, as you pointed out, "hallucinations aren't usually shared." That is no where near saying it was "impossible."

You just contradicted yourself hardcore.

Comment

Working...
                              X