• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor's Chariot (206)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206

SG-1 returns to Cimmeria, and finds that without protection from the Asgard the planet has been invaded by the Goa'uld.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:18 PM.

Daniel gets the meanings right, but lists the numerical value of the Runes as 3, 14, 15, 9 but if he's going by the numerical order of the Runes, it would be 3, 14, 19, 5.

The last two runes to get the numbers he reads would be Hagalaz (looks like an H) and Algiz (looks like an upside down peace sign without the circle)

Anyone else catch this?

Comment

Um.. So you're saying there is no possible way that the Asgard langange evolved over the time they left Earth?
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
        Um.. So you're saying there is no possible way that the Asgard langange evolved over the time they left Earth?
        The numerical value of the M and R runes are 19 and 5. Just a mistake I noticed.

The Asgard or the Cimmerians could have changed the order, and I suppose they could have told Daniel on his previous visit or they just cut the scene of Gairwyn correcting him, which would have been fun to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal
          The numerical value of the M and R runes are 19 and 5. Just a mistake I noticed.

The Asgard or the Cimmerians could have changed the order, and I suppose they could have told Daniel on his previous visit or they just cut the scene of Gairwyn correcting him, which would have been fun to see.
          The rune that looks like "M" actually has the phonetic value of the letter "E."
          You are right about the numerical value being 19 though. I'm thinking the mix up might have been due to the similarity in the names of the 19th rune, Ehwaz, and the 15th, which is called Eiwaz and has the phonetic value of both X and Z.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet
            The rune that looks like "M" actually has the phonetic value of the letter "E."
            You are right about the numerical value being 19 though. I'm thinking the mix up might have been due to the similarity in the names of the 19th rune, Ehwaz, and the 15th, which is called Eiwaz and has the phonetic value of both X and Z.
            You have a point, about the names being similar, although eihwaz has the value EI, or Y.
            |\
            \|

I think the rune you're thinking of is algiz which does have the value of Z and X (and in Younger Futhark it was reversed and given the value of a final R)
            \|/
            |

This is why I wrote "M" rune to prevent confusion. but obviously it didn't work out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal
              You have a point, about the names being similar, although eihwaz has the value EI, or Y.
              |\
              \|

I think the rune you're thinking of is algiz which does have the value of Z and X (and in Younger Futhark it was reversed and given the value of a final R)
              \|/
              |

This is why I wrote "M" rune to prevent confusion. but obviously it didn't work out that way.
              Yeah... you're right. I don't know I was thinking...

Comment

I actually found this episode quite boring. It didn't make much sense and lamed quality
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  I actually found this episode quite boring. It didn't make much sense and lamed quality

Which bit didnt make sense? One of the more straightforward eps of the series in my opinion

Comment

The beam that came out of thor's ship is different then the normal Asgard transporter... I wonder what it is.

Comment

Liked the Thor's test thing... hall of something-or-other

Comment

Good ep.
                        Evil looking bad guy, cool space ship, and SC gets a hand device to play with.
                        sigpic

Comment

It all has to do with pi... lol

Comment

Good revisit to the Cimmerians.Excellent visual effects,for a fairly early show.
                            Cool rescue by the Asgard from Heru-ur and his invasion force.
                            First use of the ribbon-device by Sam,but rather sad end for Kendra .
                            Pretty good ep overall,IMO.
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                              Liked the Thor's test thing... hall of something-or-other
                              "Hall of Thor's Might". (Bit ironic,given the size of the real Asgard,but I suppose it refers to the Hologram,or the superior civilisation and tech . )!
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X