No announcement yet.

Thor's Chariot (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else find it odd that these Asgard are the powerful protectors of humanity? After all, throughout Norse mythology it was known that all of Heaven and Earth would be destroyed once the gods were defeated by the Giants.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Yeah, the norse god´s are a funny choice for the good guys. As a rule they didn´t care much for the troubles of humans and only respected those that where warriors and died a weapons death. Not exactly the people you´d expect to promote peace

Comment

I was wondering how Thor's Hammer would tell the difference between Teal'c and other Jaffa, since he was welcome anytime on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
          I was wondering how Thor's Hammer would tell the difference between Teal'c and other Jaffa, since he was welcome anytime on the planet.

Perhaps by scanning his DNA?
          __

__

Comment

I was just excited to see Thor for the first time. And it was great that Sam thought it was a recording

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Yay Thor! I prefer the puppet that they started using after "Nemesis", but this one was also cute.

This episode was one of their greatest. We meet our most powerful ally to date, and we meet Her'ur, son of Ra and Hathor. I love it when Teal'c says "Things will not calm down. Things will actually calm up." That is sooo funny. Cracks me up every time.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I wish we'd go back to Cimmeria again. I liked Gairwyn, and there's so much that was left unexplored. I mean, this is THE refugee planet. Think of how many goa'uld must have gotten stuck in the Hammer before they figured out that Cimmeria wasn't a Good Idea in general. All the ex-host's descendants...all the opportunities for old grudges and closeted skeletons...the could do almost anything with this one.

Comment

this is one of my favorites 'classics' so to speak. nice to see the horus guards again was missing them from the film and some nice info on the family of ra.

nice battle scenes aswell as the intro to an import ally of the sgc a really good episode!
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                    I wish we'd go back to Cimmeria again. I liked Gairwyn, and there's so much that was left unexplored. I mean, this is THE refugee planet. Think of how many goa'uld must have gotten stuck in the Hammer before they figured out that Cimmeria wasn't a Good Idea in general. All the ex-host's descendants...all the opportunities for old grudges and closeted skeletons...the could do almost anything with this one.
                    I was thinking the samething, zats.

I would like to see the planet after the Asgard helped them rebuild and to teach them.

Comment

Watched this episode again today. It's not one that I automatically return to, but watching it today it has so many good qualities as well as a naivety that has been lost in newer season. Her'ur was not my fav Goa'uld (that place is reserved for Ba'al) as he was very gimicky, but this was the start of so much - the protected planets treaty, sam and her naquadah blood, and the desire to blow up jaffa with c4!

It would have been nice to go back to the planet again, but for that matter it would be nice to revisit a lot of planets but we know it'll never happen. This is a good eppy cos it has everyone doin what they do best - teal'c and jack a fightin', danny translatin' and sam workin out stuff. Ohh the memories.

Comment

Anyone notice in this how perfect timeing the explosions were. Jack just clicked one then another etc... and got 2 guys with every hit. Then he mows down 5 jaffa? You never see them take down jaffa that easy later.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                          That is a good idea zats. This one was good, about equal with the first one with Cimmeria. (I still love Gairwyn's line & look from the 1st ep. about them being a little short for gods.) Though they did give Teal'c a nice line in: "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up."
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                            That is a good idea zats. This one was good, about equal with the first one with Cimmeria. (I still love Gairwyn's line & look from the 1st ep. about them being a little short for gods.) Though they did give Teal'c a nice line in: "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up."
                            I lliked Gairwyn too. She handled a lot well--one minute Thor is a god and the next minute he's, well, Thor, our little gray friend. It might be fun to have her visit the SGC even.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              I lliked Gairwyn too. She handled a lot well--one minute Thor is a god and the next minute he's, well, Thor, our little gray friend. It might be fun to have her visit the SGC even.
                              It's not often that we get to see a female planetary leader who isn't (a) goa'uld or (b) madly in love with a member of the team or (c) both. Gairwyn was an exception, which made her incredibly cool.

Wonder how much of the Asgaard the Cimmerans actually saw? If they stuck around for a few days and then went on to the next fun thing, or if they were integrated into the Cimmeran culture.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                                Anyone notice in this how perfect timeing the explosions were. Jack just clicked one then another etc... and got 2 guys with every hit. Then he mows down 5 jaffa? You never see them take down jaffa that easy later.
                                Well... surprise was an element on their side

I liked this episode overall. It was good that they returned to Cimmeria - it could so easily have been another storyline never resolved.

My favourite line:
                                Daniel: I don't suppose this is the best time to bring up my problem with heights?

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

Working...
                                X